By Alex Bateman
For someone who will happily hand-on-heart admit that I didn’t own a tracksuit pre-iso, I have quickly mastered the working from home look.
Think cozy-chic, comfortable, sporty spice – minus the sport vibes.
While I do still aim to put on “proper” pants 2-3 times a week (to ensure they still fit given I am snacking 24/7) and let my skin breathe where possible, I am ensuring my crown for beauty guru doesn’t slip too far..
The new norm we are currently living means that face-to-face meetings have been replaced with Zoom calls, Skype and Google hangouts. While we aren’t in person, it is still vital that we continue to present ourselves in a polished and professional way and, may I remind you, this does not just apply to your outfit…
So, on that note, here are my must-have products for a fresh and most importantly, quick, meeting face.
- Moisturiser and serums – preparation is key! Dewy and hydrated skin is the basis for any fresh-faced look. I have been dousing my face in a combination of Vitamin C serum for brightness and to stimulate collagen, Vitamin A cream to combat fine lines and a thick moisturiser to feed my thirsty skin. Isolation-stress (and the fact I have the heater blasting constantly) has wreaked havoc on my skin, so I am currently the biggest advocate for a moisturisation of ANY kind.
Vitamin C Serum – D’Lumiere Esthetique Antioxidant Serum 20%
Vitamin A Cream – D’Lumiere Esthetique Age Defence Cream 1%
- CC cream / tinted moisturiser – to carefully conceal and even skin tone. Also helps give me the appearance of having an ever-so-slight tan despite only leaving the home for a grocery run.
BB cream – Mecca Cosmetica Weekend Skin Hydra Skin Tint
- Liquid blush – I dab a little with warm fingers up my cheekbone to give me a fresh glow and wake up the face.
Liquid Blush – Nars Liquid Blush
- Mascara – Open up the eyes and add a little glam with a few coats of an easy to remove, black mascara.
And if we are pulling out the big guns…
- Bright lipstick – for me bright lipstick oozes confidence. Pre-isolation, I would whip this out for big meetings and new business pitches to give me that little extra oomph and it helps the same way over Zoom!