Written by Cheyenne Myers
I know this will sound like a cliché, but literally no day at AMPR is the same. From client events, media calls, fashion shoots, showroom visits, our interstate press showings, new business pitches, strategic proposals and travelling for clients – every day is different and also why we love agency life!
After several years in the industry you start to master the juggle and learn there is benefit in planning (months, weeks, days in advance) but also be fully prepared for it all to go out the window if something major pops up. The nature of an agency keeps you on your toes but is also hugely rewarding when it comes off.
6am – Morning alarm goes off followed by a strong black coffee and 20-minute meditation. I’ve been trying to meditate for yearsand am finally finding a routine (and loving it).
7am – Make a takeaway Bulletproof coffee and green smoothie then hit the road. I live in the Yarra Valley so it is a bit of a trek to the office in Cremorne. Thankful for podcasts and Smooth FM (don’t judge).
8:30am – Arrive at the office, look over emails for any key wins or red flags. Review client coverage.
- 9:30am – Coffee WIP meeting with the team to plan out the day across our fashion showroom clients.
- 10am – Plan the day and finalise a list. I find it so much more satisfying to physically cross tasks off.
- Then eat the frog. A piece of advice I received early in my career and still do to this day. Do the most tedious task on your plate (insert numbers, spreadsheets, reports for me!) first thing in the morning and the rest of the day is a piece of cake.
- 11:00am – Meetings. Anything from new business meetings or proposals to upcoming client strategies, client WIPS, team catch ups.
- 12:00pm – Try to sneak in an F45 class depending on meetings. Usually the first thing to fall off the agenda when things get busy or meetings pop up. Some days, any excuse will do (haha!) Lunch-wise, I love to cook so usually bring something from home. Otherwise, I am one of the 10+ Uber Eats orders to the office each day.
- 1:00pm – Oversee client work which can range from signing off guestlists, hosts and briefing notes to signing off a major ambassador, media partnership or client contract. Otherwise, brainstorming the next creative idea or stalking new influencers.
- 2:00pm – Quick research into what’s happening in the industry, internationally and locally. Share with clients where relevant. I sign up to way too many newsletters but find them invaluable for fresh info!
- 3:00pm – usually involves some form of chocolate.
- 4:00pm – Check over our Melbourne showroom for new samples and imagery, host showroom visit, review the weekly showroom report for send outs and send thank you notes to media.
- 6:00pm – Review of thelist and highlight anything for the following day.
- 6:30pm – We have a lot of events across the agency, so the team try to support each other as much as possible by assisting on the night (or having a few drinks and networking!)
- 7:30pm – If nothing, early dinner and a mellow hum yoga class at Humming Puppy. The perfect way to clock off and get my head out of the working day. Then home for some Netflix and bed.