Written by Raina Naidu, Account Executive
Working in fashion PR is not the typical 9-5 office job. Juggling client meetings, showroom appointments and often facilitating impromptu fashion shoots. Often your outfit has to take you from an AM coffee meeting to a PM cocktail event.
Your wardrobe needs to be adaptable, practical, professional and of course super chic.
I have listed out my go-to wardrobe essentials for surviving fashion PR. This variation has helped me through my career to date and its quite adaptable from city to city (in my case, from London to Melbourne) whilst also withstanding most weather conditions.
- Black Tailored Pants or Black Skinny Jeans – The perfect base you can build any look from: whether you’re dressing for a client presentation or hosting a new season launch event
- White Boyfriend Cotton Blouse – A flawless basic that every girl needs in her wardrobe. It’s classic, sharp and the ultimate cool girl chic staple
- Textured Contrasting Blazer – A perfect layering piece to have in the office at all times just in case that esteemed fashion editor wants to grab a quick coffee or you have to host an impromptu showroom appointment
- Leather Jacket – This is for the days that turn into nights and you want to make your look that little bit edgier
- A Little Fitted LBD – For the warmer days in the office.
- Shoes – You only need three. A pair a of leather boots with a decent heel, a pair of pointed toe heels and a neutral pair of sneakers
- Accessories – I’m a simple gal, however I suggest having fun with it.