01 . 08 . 2012
Wrapp App Set to Change the Way We Gift
Social Gifting Service Lets Australians Give Free Gift Cards to Facebook Friends
SYDNEY – August 1, 2012 – Wrapp, the social gifting app that lets you give your Facebook friends free and paid gift cards, is now available in Australia and is set to change how we give gifts to our friends and family from now on.
Backed by the people behind Skype, and LinkedIn, Wrapp makes it fun and easy to give, receive and redeem gift cards using mobile devices or the Web, and allows Facebook friends to contribute to the presents for birthdays, special occasions, or just adding a special touch when saying thank you, congratulations or get well soon.
Key retailers on board in Australia for Wrapp include Lorna Jane, La Senza, Industrie, Ben Sherman, Superdry, Mossimo, Roses Only, Booktopia, iSUBSCRiBE and Happy Socks, to name a few.
Hjalmar Winbladh, CEO of Wrapp said: “Australians spend about $2.5 billion a year on gifts cards for those they care about and Wrapp is set to make the decision and purchase process a whole lot easier,”
“Everyone loves to be recognised, so celebrate your friends – make gift giving a daily event, and the world will be a better place for it,” said Winbladh.
Wrapp launched its unique friend-to-friend marketing platform in Sweden in November 2011 and since then has taken its service to the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Finland, Norway, and now Australia.
Based in Stockholm and Silicon Valley, Wrapp was founded in early 2011 by a team of well-known tech industry serial entrepreneurs with extensive backgrounds in online and offline start-ups including digital music service Spotify and mobile VoIP provider Rebtel.
In addition, Wrapp’s investors include Atomico, the London-based venture capital firm started by Skype co-founder Niklas Zennström, and Silicon Valley-based Greylock who’s partner Reid Hoffman co-founded the social network, LinkedIn. Both Zennström and Hoffman are on the board of Wrapp.
In the last eight months nearly 325,000 active Wrapp users have given their Facebook friends just over of 2.4 million free and paid gift cards that could be redeemed in stores operated by over 100 major European and US retailers.
Participating retailers report that each sale averages four to six times the value of the free gift card they let Wrapp users give to their friends.
“Wrapp is on to something big here,” said David Smith, CEO of True Alliance Pty Limited, one of the largest distributors in the Australian and New Zealand markets for some of the world’s most famous fashion brands including Ben Sherman and Speedo.
“Consumers will no doubt think it’s super fun, and really convenient, because the gift cards you give are stored in your friends’ phones so they’re always with them when they want to buy something they really want,” said Smith.
Anna Cristaldi, COO at Lorna Jane agrees this is an app which will benefit sales and help drive customers in-store: “We’re always on the lookout for new ways to hold on to our best customers or find new ones – or both – and Wrapp looks like a great way to do it.”
To start sending free gift cards download the Wrapp mobile app from Apple’s App Store or Google Play. Or use the web app at www.wrapp.com and connect it to your Facebook account.
Wrapp Australian Retailers
• Ben Sherman – shirts, suits, tops, trousers, suits and more for men
• Booktopia – Australia’s fastest growing online retail store selling books and DVDs
• brandsExclusive – online shopping destination for fashion, footwear and accessories
• Drummond Golf – Australia’s leading golf retailer for clubs, balls, clothing, equipment and accessories
• Fruit Only – fresh fruit gift baskets delivered across Australia
• iSUBSCRiBE – magazine and newspaper subscription superstore, with over 2,500 titles on offer.
• Hampers Only – quality gift hampers for all occasions Australia wide
• Happy Socks – designer socks online
• Industrie – stylish urban street wear
• La Senza – leaders in lingerie with over 700 stores in 48 countries around the world
• Lorna Jane – fashionable active wear for women
• Mossimo – drawing influences from the Californian cultural melting pot, Mossimo blends elements of surf, sports, urban and street fashion.
• Roses Only – only the finest boxed, bouquet and arrangements of roses and flowers
• Speedo – family swimwear from performance gear to casual boardies
• Superdry – iconic UK brand that fuses impeccable British tailoring with vintage Americana styles inspired by the spirit of Japan.
• TheMensShop.com.au – Australia’s number one online shopping destination for men
Wrapp is a social gifting service for celebrating friends with free and paid gift cards from top brands. Wrapp allows friends to contribute to the gift cards, and makes them fun and easy to give, receive and redeem using mobile devices and the web. Founded in 2011, Wrapp is based in Stockholm, with offices in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Turkey, Poland, Taiwan Japan, Australia and Brazil. Celebrate friends every day at www.wrapp.com.